Come quietly to the Garden within. Prayer Stays with us at La Casa de Milagros (in the heart of Chapala, Mexico) are offered for those wanting to step out of the world, and dive deep into the still place of rest within. Our Prayer Stays offer silent, solo retreats for the mind longing to “Be Still and Know”.
A Course in Miracles (ACIM) is our main curriculum of study here at La Casa. Those who have been called to these deep teachings are invited to join us in accepting the truth of our oneness. These teachings are another gift among many non-dual teachings that point us to the Kingdom of Heaven within.
God dwells deep within the mind beyond all thoughts and images. Pure Love is awakened in this precious gift for those ready to open the door beyond all time and space. Allow yourself to step back and let Him lead the way.
Prayer Stays are a quiet time for you to enjoy studying your spiritual curriculum or resting in devotion with God. Enjoy the singing of the birds in the garden. Feel the safety and peace that surrounds you, and listen to the small, still Voice within that is calling you Home.
Here is a section of ACIM that points the mind towards the Garden within:
“The Thought of God surrounds your little kingdom, waiting at the barrier you built to come inside and shine upon the barren ground. See how life springs up everywhere! The desert becomes a garden, green and deep and quiet, offering rest to those who lost their way and wander in the dust. Give them a place of refuge, prepared by love for them where once a desert was. And everyone you welcome will bring love with him from Heaven for you. They enter one by one into this holy place, but they will not depart as they had come, alone. The love they brought with them will stay with them, as it will stay with you. And under its beneficence your little garden will expand, and reach out to everyone who thirsts for living water, but has grown too weary to go on alone.”
~A Course in Miracles (T-18.VIII.9)
During your stay
There are four private rooms (for a single person or a couple), as well as shared bunk rooms (a men’s and a women’s). All rooms are fully equipped with linens and towels, and all have access to a shared kitchen and laundry facilities. Depending on which room type you’ve chosen in your application (private or shared), you will be assigned a specific room based on availability at that time.
Our staff is mostly comprised of volunteer interns who are dedicated to supporting our Prayer Stay program. Long-term community members may be on site at times, but will generally be immersed in prayer themselves or in ministry projects. Our staff of interns, however, will be available to answer any questions you may have during your stay.
Meals and Kitchen
Each day at 1:00 p.m., a simple, shared lunch meal will be served for our residents and any guests staying with us. This is the only meal included in the cost of your Prayer Stay, but you can bring/purchase your own food locally for other meals/snacks. Our kitchen staff cannot accommodate special diets for lunch but you can purchase your own food and will have access to a fully-equipped, shared kitchen during your stay. There is a local supermarket within walking distance, and several restaurants nearby as well.
- Prayer Stays are silent, unstructured and undirected.
- La Casa de Milagros is a monastic environment and coming for a Prayer Stay means to come in silence for the sole purpose of joining with God and resting with the Holy Spirit. We do not allow socializing of any kind on the property. Your time here would be spent in silent, inner contemplation with God, dedicated to watching your mind and giving all your thoughts to the Holy Spirit for healing and true forgiveness.
- Spontaneous gatherings and events at La Casa may happen during your stay, which you may be invited to attend. But aside from our “Wake-Up Weekends” events (see below), other gatherings and events are not guaranteed. If they happen and are open to Prayer Stay guests, we will let you know and/or they will be posted on our white board by the pool area.
- Smoking is not allowed on the property (you can do so on the sidewalk just outside our gate).
- Guests under 18 are generally not permitted due to the level of maturity required of our Prayer Stay guests.
- Pets are not allowed at La Casa (there is already one dog and one cat living on the property).
- Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for all other questions and more information.
We are currently open for Prayer Stays guests anytime.
- You can apply for a Prayer Stay of as many days as you like.
- Check-in time is between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM on the day of your arrival.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 AM on your last day to allow time for cleaning.
During the above-listed periods when we accept Prayer Stays, we encourage you to join us over a weekend in order to also participate in one of our live Awakening events! These “Wake-Up Weekends” are the same price as regular Prayer Stay visits but with the added bonus of a transformational event! Here are the two types of “Wake-Up Weekends” we currently offer:
- Saturday All-Day Movie-Workshops – broadcast live into our “Halo Room” at La Casa de Milagros each Saturday, these workshops go from 10am until about 4pm.*
Learn more about our Movie Workshops here!
- Monthly Heart of Christ Online Retreats—broadcast live into our Halo Room at La Casa de Milagros on the first full weekend of every month, these monthly “Heart of Christ” retreats go very deep into the practical application of the mystical teachings of Jesus. They begin at 10am on the Friday (see calendar schedule here) and end around 12noon on the Sunday.**
* Attending the All-Day Movie Workshop requires at least a two-night Prayer Stay, Friday to Sunday.
** Attending the online retreat requires at least a three-night Prayer Stay, Thursday to Sunday. Since the retreats usually end after 12pm on Sunday, we’ll allow you to have a late check-out of 12:30pm. As an added option, you can join us for the 1pm lunch for an extra 200 pesos.
- Nightly rate: $65 (shared bunkroom), $90 (private room), $135 (couple in a private room)
- Weekly rate: $350 (shared bunkroom), $500 (private room), $750 (couple in a private room)
- Cost includes: (a) one meal per day, (b) attendance at any Living Miracles online events happening during your stay.
- Cost doesn’t include (a) transport to and from the airport, (b) any food or drinks outside of the 1pm lunch meal that is provided.
The grass is pushing through the soil, the trees are budding now, and birds have come to live within their branches. Earth is being born again in new perspective.
Please fill out the form below to apply for a Prayer Stay. One of our staff will then email you within 48 hours to request an interview call or to confirm your reservation with payment information. (In case you don’t receive an email from us within 48 hours, please check your spam folders for an email from [email protected]). Thank you.